A restaurant worker’s dream job for many people is because most of restaurant jobs are very easy and anyone can do them. It is perfect for unskilled workers and they can earn good money as a foreigner in the European country of Austria. Also, if you are legally working in Austria with a valid work permit you can get many benefits in Austria. We have posted all the details on how to apply for restaurant worker jobs in Austria as foreigners. Some restaurants may offer visa sponsorship for their foreign workers who are willing to travel to Austria for work.
Duties of Restaurant Worker
- Greeting customers: Restaurant workers are often the first point of contact with customers and should be friendly, courteous, and professional when greeting them.
- Taking orders: Restaurant workers are responsible for taking customers’ orders and entering them into the point-of-sale (POS) system accurately.
- Serving food and drinks: Restaurant workers should serve food and drinks promptly and accurately, ensuring that they meet customer expectations and quality standards.
- Cleaning and setting tables: Restaurant workers should maintain a clean and organized dining area by clearing tables, washing dishes, and setting tables.
- Providing customer service: Restaurant workers should be knowledgeable about the menu and able to answer customers’ questions and concerns.
- Handling payments: Restaurant workers should be able to handle cash and process credit card payments accurately.
- Following health and safety guidelines: Restaurant workers should follow health and safety guidelines to ensure that the food and environment are safe for customers and employees.
- Collaborating with colleagues: Restaurant workers should work collaboratively with their colleagues to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
Waiter/Waitress Jobs In Germany For Foreigners 2023
- Job Country: Austria
- Job title: Restaurant Worker Jobs in Austria
- Job Type: Full time
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: No
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Relocation: Yes
- Accommodation: Yes
- Salary: €8.42 per hour
- Financial stability
- Professional development
- Social interaction
- Personal fulfillment
- Health benefits
In Austria, the minimum wage is regulated by law and adjusted periodically by the government. As of January 2023, the gross minimum wage in Austria is €1,700 per month or €10.10 per hour for employees aged 19 and over. For employees under the age of 19, the minimum wage is €1,417.50 per month or €8.42 per hour.
Construction Worker Jobs in Austria for foreigners in 2023
Requirements for Apply
- Work permit: As a foreigner, you will need a valid work permit to work legally in Austria.
- Education and qualifications: Employers may require a certain level of education, experience, and qualifications for the job. This may include a specific degree, certification, or training.
- Language skills: Depending on the job and the employer, you may be required to have proficiency in one or more languages, such as German or English.
- Resume/CV: A well-written and updated resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is usually required as part of the job application process. The resume should highlight your relevant work experience, education, skills, and qualifications.
- Cover letter: A cover letter may also be required, which should introduce yourself, explain why you are interested in the job, and highlight your qualifications and relevant experience.
- References: Employers may request references from previous employers, colleagues, or teachers who can vouch for your skills and work ethic.
- Other documents: Depending on the job and the employer, you may also need to provide additional documents such as a copy of your passport, proof of address, or a criminal record check.
How to Apply
- Find job listings: Look for job postings on online job portals, company websites, and social media platforms. You can also check with local employment agencies or recruitment agencies that specialize in placing workers in the industry you are interested in.
- Review job requirements: Read the job posting carefully to understand the job requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities. Make sure you meet the qualifications before applying.
- Prepare your application materials: Update your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) and prepare a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and experience. Make sure your application materials are tailored to the job requirements.
- Submit your application: Follow the instructions provided in the job posting to submit your application. This may involve filling out an online application form or sending your application materials via email or mail.
- Follow up: After submitting your application, wait for a response from the employer. If you don’t hear back within a few days or weeks, you can follow up with the employer to inquire about the status of your application.
- Prepare for an interview: If you are invited for an interview, prepare by researching the company and the job, practicing common interview questions, and dressing professionally.
- Attend the interview: Arrive on time for the interview, bring copies of your resume or CV, and be prepared to answer questions about your qualifications and experience.
- Follow up after the interview: After the interview, send a thank-you note or email to the interviewer and express your continued interest in the job.
Job Posting website Where you can find Restaurant Worker Jobs in Austria
- Jobrapido: https://at.jobrapido.com/
- StepStone: https://www.stepstone.at/
- Indeed: https://at.indeed.com/
- Karriere.at: https://www.karriere.at/
- Hotelcareer: https://www.hotelcareer.at/