Fruit picking jobs in New Zealand is the best opportunity for all unskilled foreigners who are trying to get a job in New Zealand. Today we are back with another job which is fruit picking jobs in New Zealand. In this post, we will give you complete details on how to apply for fruit picking jobs in New Zealand and what are the minimum requirements to apply for this job. Also, we will provide you links to websites where you can get these jobs as a foreigner.
- Job Country: New Zealand
- Industry: Fruit Picking
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: No
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Salary: 23 NZD/Hour
- Cultural exchange
- Physical activity
- Work experience
The average salary for fruit picking jobs in New Zealand varies by type of fruit, location, and employer. Typically, fruit picking jobs in New Zealand pay workers based on how much fruit they pick or how many hours they work. Hourly rates can range from NZD $16 to $23 per hour depending on the employer and region. For some fruits, such as kiwifruit and apples, workers may be paid based on the weight of the fruit picked, which can range from NZD $0.60 to $0.90 per kilogram.
Requirements for Apply
- Valid work visa: You will need a valid work visa to work legally in New Zealand. The most common work visa for seasonal workers is the Working Holiday Visa, which allows you to work and travel in New Zealand for up to 12 months.
- Physical fitness: Fruit picking jobs require physical labor, so it’s important to be in good physical shape and able to lift and carry heavy loads.
- English language proficiency: Employers in New Zealand may require workers to have a basic understanding of English to communicate effectively with colleagues and supervisors.
- Availability: Many fruit picking jobs require workers to be available for long hours and for the duration of the season, which can range from a few weeks to several months.
- Willingness to work in rural areas: Most fruit picking jobs are located in rural areas, so it’s important to be comfortable living and working in remote locations.
- Relevant experience: While experience is not always required, it can be beneficial to have some previous experience in fruit picking or other agricultural work.
How to Apply
There are several ways to apply for fruit picking jobs in New Zealand as a foreigner, including:
- Online job boards: There are several online job boards that advertise fruit picking jobs in New Zealand, such as PickNZ, Work The Seasons, and BackpackerBoard. You can search for job listings and apply directly to the employer through these websites.
- Recruitment agencies: There are several recruitment agencies that specialize in seasonal work in New Zealand, such as Agstaff and The Labour Exchange. You can apply to these agencies online or in person and they can help match you with a suitable job based on your skills and experience.
- Directly contacting employers: You can also contact fruit growers and farmers directly to inquire about job openings. Many employers advertise job vacancies on their websites or social media pages, or you can call or email them to inquire about potential job opportunities.
Job portal website where you can find Fruit Picking Jobs In New Zealand
- PickNZ: https://www.picknz.co.nz/
- Work The Seasons: https://worktheseasons.co.nz/
- BackpackerBoard: https://www.backpackerboard.co.nz/work_jobs/