Farm worker jobs in Austria are mostly seasonal jobs and most employers hire foreigners during the farming seasons. We have seen many employers offering visa sponsorship to their foreign workers for seasonal farm work jobs. Today in this post we have posted complete details on how to apply for farm working jobs in Austria as foreigners. Farmers abroad in Austria 1800 to 2000 euros per month in Austria + You can do overtime in Austria and earn more money. If you want to apply for it then read this post.
Farm Worker Responsibilities
- Crop and animal care: Farm workers may be responsible for planting, harvesting, and caring for crops, as well as feeding and caring for livestock.
- Equipment operation: Some farm workers may operate tractors, plows, and other farm equipment, and may need to perform routine maintenance and repairs.
- Irrigation and drainage: Farm workers may be responsible for maintaining irrigation and drainage systems, ensuring that crops have sufficient water and nutrients.
- Harvesting and processing: Farm workers may be involved in harvesting crops and processing them for sale, which may involve cleaning, packaging, and transporting the produce.
- Landscaping and maintenance: Farm workers may be responsible for maintaining the farm’s grounds, including mowing lawns, pruning trees, and repairing fences.
- Record-keeping: Some farm workers may be required to keep records of crop yields, livestock health, and equipment maintenance.
- Follow health and safety regulations: Farm workers must follow safety guidelines and wear appropriate protective gear when working with equipment or handling chemicals.
- Other duties as assigned: Farm workers may be asked to perform other duties as assigned by their supervisor, such as assisting with farm events or sales.
Agriculture Jobs In Germany For Foreigners in 2023
- Job Country: Austria
- Job title: Agriculture Jobs
- Job Type: Full time
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: No
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Relocation: Yes
- Accommodation: Yes
- Salary: €1,844 EUR/Month
- Job stability
- Opportunities for learning
- Close connection with nature
- Health benefits
The average salary for a farm worker in Austria varies depending on the type of work, location, and experience. According to the latest figures from the Austrian Federal Ministry of Labour, Family, and Youth, the average gross monthly salary of a full-time employee in the agriculture, forestry, and fishing sector in 2023 was €1,844.
Factory worker Jobs In Germany For Foreigners in 2023
Requirements for Apply
- Work permit: If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen, you will need a valid work permit to work in Austria. EU/EEA citizens and Swiss nationals do not need a work permit.
- Language skills: While some farms may not require fluency in German, it can be an advantage to have at least a basic understanding of the language, as it is the official language of Austria and commonly used in the workplace.
- Experience: Some farms may require previous experience working in agriculture, livestock, or crop management. However, some farms may also offer training for new employees.
- Physical fitness: Farm work can be physically demanding and may require long hours of standing, bending, and lifting. It’s important to ensure that you are physically fit and able to perform the job.
- Education: Depending on the job position, some farms may require a relevant degree or vocational training, such as in agriculture, horticulture, or animal science.
How to Apply
- Research job openings: Look for job openings on online job portals, recruitment agencies, or by contacting farms directly. You can also check with the Austrian Public Employment Service (AMS) for available opportunities.
- Prepare your application materials: Prepare your resume or CV and a cover letter that highlights your relevant experience and skills. If the job requires specific qualifications or certifications, be sure to include them in your application.
- Submit your application: Follow the application instructions provided by the employer, whether it is by email, online application form, or in person. Be sure to submit your application before the deadline.
- Attend interviews: If your application is successful, you may be invited for an interview. This may be in person, by phone, or online. Be prepared to answer questions about your experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Negotiate job terms: If you are offered a job, negotiate the terms of the employment, such as salary, working hours, and benefits.
- Obtain necessary permits and visas: If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen, you will need a valid work permit and may need a visa or residence permit to work in Austria. Make sure you have all the necessary documents before starting your job.
- Start your job: Once all the necessary paperwork is in order, start your new job and enjoy your new career as a farm worker in Austria.
Job Posting website Where you can find Farm Worker Jobs in Austria
- Jobcenter Austria – https://www.jobcenter.at/
- Agrobrain – https://www.agrobrain.com/
- Landwirt – https://www.landwirt.com/Jobboerse/
- AMS Austria – https://www.ams.at/jobsuche
- Farming Jobs Austria – https://www.farmingjobs.at/
- Agrarjobbörse – https://www.agrarjobboerse.at/
- Eurofarms – https://www.eurofarms.com/
- Indeed Austria – https://at.indeed.com/